Happy National Boss’s Day: 30 Reasons We Love Amelia McDonell-Parry, The Frisky’s Fearless Leader
Today is National Boss’s Day, so naturally, The Frisky ladies feel it necessary to tip our hats to our kickass Editor-in-Chief, Amelia McDonell-Parry. [Oh okay, why not? — Amelia] As fans of The Frisky, many of you probably feel like you know Amelia personally, but it goes without saying that there’s much more than meets the eye (er … computer screen). She’s wacky, genuine, stylish, relatable, laugh-until-you-pee hilarious and, basically, the world’s best boss. So without further ado, here are 30 reasons you should all be jealous that we have Amelia as our fearless leader.
1. She’s an unabashed spaz.
2. She gives me advice that enables me to solve problems without having to compromise on my voice or personality.
3. She backs me up.
4. She has a fucked up sense of humor, and I appreciate that.
5. If I were a guy, I’d do her.
6. She has good taste in cafés.
7. It takes a special kind of woman to make it part of her job to mime blowjobs on camera.
8. She’s smart as hell, whether dishing out dating advice or discussing the progressions of the feminist movement.
9. We can tell her embarrassing sex stories without judgment.
10. She’s hopelessly devoted to Ryan Gosling and will patiently wait her turn until Eva is done with him.
11. She “talks” on behalf of her dog Lucca in a precious Muppet voice.
12. She’s queen of mixing prints, rolling cuffs and tucking in shirts. Bow down.
13. She goes to bat for me when times get tough.
14. She says what other people are thinking, but are too afraid to say (usually it’s something inappropriate).
15. She has the perfect beachy waves.
16. Never have I seen a love so strong between a human and their dog.
17. She really trusts our judgment as employees.
18. She gives us complete creative freedom.
19. She values the fact that we all have different opinions, and pointedly tries to keep that alive.
20. She likes frappuccinos and pumpkin spice lattes, and ain’t ashamed.
21. She has impeccable taste in lipstick.
22. She’s a shoulder to lean on, and is willing to be vulnerable with us in return.
23. She’s insanely good at weaving and has interesting hobbies that make us all want to take up interesting hobbies.
24. Her style is on point.
25. She can bond with anybody over TV, because she watches EVERYTHING (it’s impressive).
26. She can drink like a champ.
27. She’s great in the sack (Note: we don’t know this for a fact, but given her tutorials, can imagine). [Ladies … I am single and there’s nothing in the employee handbook… — Amelia]
28. She allows us to leave work to find chocolate/buy new underwear/cry/curl up into a ball when we have our periods.
29. When life hands her lemons, she makes that shit into a lemondrop shot.
30. She’s admirable and we all want to be her “when we grow up.” Really, we’d all be lucky if we turned out half as well.