Judges Fend Off Abortion Restrictions In Louisiana & Texas
- A federal judge allowed a new abortion law to go into effect in Louisiana, which requires doctors who perform abortions to have admitting privileges at a hospital no more than 30 miles away, but ruled that doctors and clinics cannot be penalized for breaking the law while it is being debated. Abortion rights supporters say the restrictions’ only intentions are to close down the state’s five abortion clinics. [New York Times]
- A federal judge thew out parts of a new abortion law in Texas that would have required abortion clinics to meet the same operating standards of hospitals. This would have required over a dozen clinics in the state to close. [Huffington Post]
- Emma Sulkowiz, a student at Columbia University who was sexually assaulted by a classmate, is carrying her mattress with her everywhere so as to draw attention to the fact her rapist has not been expelled.. She is one of 23 Columbia students who filed a Title IX complaint against the school for mishandling sexual assaults on campus. [NYmag.com]
- An Atlanta police officer was arrested for murdering a 26-year-old woman he met on Backpage.com. [Clutch Magazine]
- Mount Holyoke, a women’s college in Massachusetts, has officially released a policy about trans students, saying applications are welcome from anyone who is female or identifies as a woman. [BuzzFeed]
- A strip club/microbrewery? Sure, why not? [The Braiser]
- Damon Dash, the co-founder of Roc-a-Fella Records, said he regrets the way he treated women in some of his music videos when he was younger. [Clutch Magazine]
- On the feminism of the women in “Bob’s Burgers.” [NPR]
- Elizabeth Fowler, a former New York Times reporter who was one of the first-ever women to cover Wall Street for a daily newspaper, died at 95. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.