California State Legislature Advances “Yes Means Yes” Hookup Bill
- California’s state senate advanced a bill to require universities that take financial aid from the state to adopt a policy that students must give “affirmative consent” before engaging in sex. The law would state that both parties need to engage in “affirmative, conscious and voluntary agreement” before hooking up — in other words, people can’t justify their actions anymore by saying, Well, she didn’t say no! [NPR; Washington Post]
- A sexist troll on the Facebook page of a meteorologist named Ginger Zee just got served. [The Vane]
- Seventeen beliefs about sexual assault that are totally wrong. [Cosmopolitan]
- Here’s CeCe McDonald opening up to a Gay-Straight Alliance Network national meeting about the anti-trans bullying that pushed her out of school. [Colorlines]
- On the life and death of Karyn Washington, the blogger behind #DarkSkinRedLip and For Brown Girls. [BuzzFeed]
- Hey, Brangelina, gays and lesbians still can’t get married in 31 states. What happened to Brad’s remark back in 2006 that they wouldn’t marry until everyone else could, too? [xoJane]
- On Nicki Minaj, “Anaconda” and why her unapologetic sexuality is not a crisis. [Bitch Magazine]
- Actress Caitriona Balfe from “Outlander” addresses whether her character Claire is a feminist. [NYmag.com]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.