There Are More Adult Women Gamers Than Gamer Boys Under 18
- The face of gaming is still a pack of rowdy preteen boys, faux-blasting each other with pixelated guns for giggles. In the United States, adult women are an impressive 48 percent of all gamers — more than gamer boys under 18. A huge part of the increase is due to mobile games, like “Kim Kardashian: Hollywood,” “Candy Crush,” and the not-still-popular-but-still-on-my-phone “Angry Birds.” [Wall Street Journal]
- This Ebola outbreak in Liberia is killing women in far greater numbers than men because it’s women who do most of the caregiving. [BuzzFeed]
- The family of Renisha McBride is suing Theodore Wafer, the white man who shot the Black teenager to death on his front porch when she rang the door looking for help. Earlier this month, Wafer was found guilty of second-degree murder, manslaughter, and one count of a felony firearm. The McBride family is seeking $10 million for emotional distress, among other charges. [Clutch Magazine]
- On the feminist movement in Pakistan. [New York Times]
- It would be a lot more fun watching movies if our feminist brains could turn off sometimes. [xoJane]
- Check out these under-appreciated female video game pioneers. [New York Times]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.