Sorority Sister Uses N-Word In Racist Snapchat, Gets Kicked Out
- A member of the Chi Omega sorority at the University of Alabama has been dismissed from the sorority after she posted a Snapchat with two friends which was captioned “Chi O got NO n***as!!!!!” (According to WVTM Birmingham, two Black women joined the sorority during this rush period.) The University of Alabama has been under scrutiny this past year for ongoing bigotry and discrimination in the Greek system. Some Greeks claim its their alumnae who pressure sororities to stay all-white, but clearly the problem is more wide-reaching and complicated. [Clutch Magazine; Alabamas13; Buzzfeed; The Crimson White]
- Tech startup impresario Gesche Haas revealed to the tech blog Valleywag a creepy and harassing email she received after meeting with a male investor. After a professional meeting with Haas, Pavel Curda sent an email asking to have sex. Haas went public with the email because she wanted others to know that this behavior exists. So brave. [Valleywag]
- In the biggest speech of the year, the prime minister of India spoke out strongly against violence against women and rape. [Think Progress]
- Six newlywed women in a village in India left their husbands’ homes and returned to their parents’ due to the lack of toilets. Not having access to nearby toilets puts women especially at risk for being attacked. [BBC]
- Feminist pornographer Courtney Trouble talks feminism, consent and sex work in an interview with Ms. magazine. [Ms. Magazine]
- How Brenna Twohy’s Harry Potter-inspired erotic slam poem “Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them,” which is going viral right now, has some messed up messages about porn. [The Daily Dot]
- On body hair and intra-cultural shame. [The Hairpin]
- Seven young feminist role models you should know! [Feministing]
- Licia Albanese, a famous soprano at the Metropolitan Opera in New York, died last week at 105. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.