Independent Autopsy Determines Unarmed Teenager Michael Brown Shot 6 Times, Twice In The Head

An independent autopsy requested at the behest of Michael Brown’s family has determined that the unarmed teenager was shot six times, twice in the head/face, last weekend by police office Darren Wilson in Ferguson, MO. Wilson remains on page administrative leave and has allegedly skipped town because out of the outrage over the teen’s death and demands for justice. According to The New York Times, the autopsy’s findings, conducted by Dr. Michael M. Baden, the former chief medical examiner for the City of New York who reviewed the autopsies in the deaths of Martin Luther King Jr. and JFK, indicate that all of the bullets were fired into Brown’s front, and that one of the bullets “entered the top of Mr. Brown’s skull, suggesting his head was bent forward when it struck him and caused a fatal injury.”

Dr. Baden was not given access by the police to Brown’s clothing, but found no gun residue on his body, suggesting that he was not shot at close range, which seemingly disputes claims that Brown was reaching for Wilson’s gun when he was shot. Benjamin L. Crump, a lawyer for Mr. Brown’s family, had this to say about Baden’s findings:

“The sheer number of bullets and the way they were scattered all over his body showed this police officer had a brazen disregard for the very people he was supposed to protect in that community. We want to make sure people understand what this case is about: This case is about a police officer executing a young unarmed man in broad daylight.”

Protests in Ferguson have been going on for over a week, with scant reports of alleged violence from protestors, but hours upon hours of livestream footage showing Ferguson PD tear gassing citizens, including women and children. I have seen exactly one photo of a “Molotov cocktail,” which police keep using as excuse to justify their aggression, while journalists covering the protests maintain that the demonstrations have been overwhelmingly peaceful. Last night, as the police descended upon protestors, firing tear gas hours before the state-mandated curfew, an officer was shown on a livestream, threatening to shoot a journalist. Chris Hayes, an anchor on MSNBC, was threatened with mace by another officer. Freedom of the press, freedom to assemble, freedom to live are all under attack in Ferguson right now. The world is watching.

[NY Times]
[Daily Dot]