- Jury deliberation has begun in the trial for Theodore Wafer, the Michigan man who shot and killed Renisha McBride, 19, after she knocked on his door late one night in November. McBride, who is Black, had been in a car accident nearby and appears to have knocked on Wafer’s door looking for help. Wafer, who is white, grabbed his gun and shot McBride in the face through a closed and locked screen door. He initially claimed his gun had gone off by accident; on the stand, Wafer said he didn’t realize the gun was loaded. Wafer is being charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter. [ColorLines, MLive]
- A queer bookstore is headed to Philadelphia! [Autostraddle]
- Here’s Jessica Valenti on why “those women are more oppressed” is a terrible argument against feminism. [Guardian UK]
- Nope, you still can’t “cure” anyone from being gay. [Queerty]
- Who are these weirdos complaining about LEGO’s mini-figure set? [xoJane]
- You know you’re curious about the origins of the modern bra. [NPR]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.