Nebraska Won’t Recognize Driver’s License From Lesbian With Wife’s Last Name
- Nebraska won’t recognize a driver’s license — or more specifically, the name on a license — because the woman it belongs to, Sue Stroesser, is married to another woman and the state does not recognize same-sex marriage. Stroesser has been with her partner for 30 years. Seriously, Nebraska, do you realize how stupid you look right now? [Omaha.com]
- A judge ruled yesterday that an Alabama law which would have shut down three of the state’s five abortion clinics is unconstitutional. [Reuters]
- The San Antonio Spurs have hired former WNBA player Becky Hammon as an assistant coach. Hammon will be the second woman to coach for the NBA. [Think Progress]
- Also, the union which represents basketball players has hired lawyer Michele Roberts as its first-ever female director. [Slate]
- Soccer players from around the world have written FIFA to say they find it discriminatory that only the 2015 Women’s World Cup was considering turf instead of grass. [The Week]
- This woman’s rapist sued her for defamation. [xoJane]
- What gender-bending Hollywood films, like the upcoming “Ghostbusters 3,” tells us about feminism. [Washington Post]
- You know you want to read the (slightly edited) intro to Roxanne Gay’s book of essays, Bad Feminist. [BuzzFeed]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.