“The Campus Accountability And Safety Act” Announced To Press Schools On Sexual Assault
- Today, Democrats, Republicans and sexual assault survivors announced the Campus Accountability and Safety Act, which will increase the financial punishment on schools which violate the gender equality law Title IX by mishandling sexual assaults on campus. The act would also make schools provide an advisor for each victim of sexual violence in order to help them through the process of going through the school’s disciplinary proceedings, as well as make public the anonymous surveys about campus assaults. [MSNBC, New York Times]
- Massachusetts has hastily passed a law designed to increase safety around abortion clinics in response to a recent Supreme Court decision which struck down “buffer zones” as a violation of anti-abortion protesters’ free speech. [RH Reality Check]
- Rolling Stone has a feature on CeCe McDonald, a trans woman of color who was charged with murder for defending herself when she was attacked by people using racist and bigoted slurs. Despite being an out trans woman, McDonald was sentenced to a men’s prison. [Rolling Stone]
- On why Buzzfeed’s birth control activism is appreciated but misguided. [The Feminist Wire]
- Boko Haram, the Islamist extremist group responsible for kidnapping hundreds of schoolgirls in Nigeria for sex slavery, has now kidnapped the wife of Cameroon’s vice prime minister. [Clutch Magazine]
- On developing a “hood”-based approach to combating sexual violence. [Feministing]
- As a horror fan extraordinaire, I’m itching to read this piece about women as a conduit for demonic possession … [Bitch Magazine]
- … and while we’re on the subject of films, sci-fi and fantasy movies are really friggin’ male and white. [ColorLines]
- On the recent closure of the radical feminist magazine Feminist Times (formerly known as Spare Rib). [xoJane]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.