Arizona Will Drop Child Abuse Charges Against Mom Who Left Kids In Car During Job Interview
- Arizona said it would drop child abuse charges against an unemployed, sometimes homeless mother who was arrested for leaving her kids inside a car while she went to a job interview if she agreed to certain conditions. Shanesha Taylor, 35, agreed to take parenting and substance abuse classes, as well as establish education and childcare trusts which contain no less than $10,000. That last provision sounds extremely unreasonable to a low-income mother, in my opinion, but likely reflect the tens of thousands of dollars in donations that Taylor received after her arrest became public. Hopefully Taylor’s children, who were taken by Child Protective Services, can be reunited with their mom ASAP. [The Root]
- Somehow, former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi has managed to slither away from underage sex charges. [Wall Street Journal]
- An appeals court has upheld the decision to overturn Oklahoma’s ban on gay marriage on the grounds that it violated the Constitution. [Huffington Post]
- Dudes taking paternity leave shows other dudes that it’s okay to take paternity leave. [The Atlantic]
- In praise of broads, like the late Elaine Stritch. [The Hairpin]
- On the complications of applying “the Bechdel test” to film. [Fandor]
- Meet Los Angeles street artist Kristy Sandoval, whose murals are a form of feminist activism. [LA Weekly]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.