Oh Hey, Texas: New Planned Parenthood Clinic To Open In Dallas
- Planned Parenthood is opening a new abortion clinic in Dallas, Texas, that meets the state’s new laws requiring clinics to have the same standards of a “ambulatory surgical center.” It’s not exactly a secret that the TX legislature passed those requirements in order to shut down women’s health clinics and restrict abortion access. I wonder how these so-called “pro-lifers” feel now. [Dallas News]
- A young man in rural India was accused of attempting to rape a married woman, so the woman’s husband was advised by the local village council to sexually assault the accused rapist’s 14-year-old sister in retaliation. By the local cultural norms, ruining her “purity” would get revenge on her older brother. The village leader and the rape victim’s brother are both now in jail. [CNN]
- Former New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson said a “silver lining” of her very high-profile firing was “the giant reaction from other women journalists.” [Cosmopolitan]
- UK Prime Minister David Cameron appointed several more women to his cabinet. [Guardian UK]
- A new mom says she was kicked out of a concert for breastfeeding her baby. [CNN]
- Seven studies that prove “mansplaining” actually exists (as if we had any doubt). [Bitch Magazine]
- Today’s Google Doodle honors Emmeline Pankhurst, the leader of the British suffragette movement. [Guardian UK]
- Meet the Washington, D.C. woman who changed how the police department treats transgender folks. [BuzzFeed]
- On feminism and the prison industrial complex. [The Feminist Wire]
- A woman who was born addicted to heroin due to her drug addicted mother speaks out against Tennessee’s new law that arrests moms for using drugs while pregnant. [Washington Post]
- This is what happened when two parents gave their daughter the mom’s last name. [The Hairpin]
- Alice Goldman Davis, the first Black woman to win an Olympic gold medal, has died at 90. [BBC]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.