Italian Mayor Wants To Ban Same-Sex Kissing In Public
- The mayor of Borgosesia, Italy, wants to ban gay couples from kissing in public because — pearl clutch — think of the children! He is proposing a ban that would fine couples 500 Euros for kissing in public. “I don’t like two people of the same sex making public displays of affection,” he told an Italian newspaper. “It’s a question of respect. And I’m convinced that it’s also morally harmful for children.” [Huffington Post]
- Last week, while looking for his ex-wife, Ronald Lee Haskell killed his former sister-in-law, her husband, and four of their children. The sole survivor of this rampage was a 15-year-old girl who played dead until she could call the police. Haskell had a record for domestic violence. How is it possible he was able to own guns? [Mother Jones]
- I’m not sure I can even bear to watch the ladies of “The View” interview Jada, the 16-year-old girl whose rape went viral on social media. [Jezebel]
- On Frankea Dabbs, a mentally ill 20-year-old woman who left her 10-month-old child on a New York City subway platform, and the myth of the “bad Black mom.” [Guardian UK]
- A 16-year-old trans girl who has been in the care of the Department of Children & Families most of her life, is being held in a Connecticut prison in solitary confinement. All this is apparently legal for minors. [Feministing]
- It will take 70 years for women in Australia to reach pay equity with men, according to a new report by OxFam. [ABC.net]
- Almost 100 women protestors who call themselves “Ladies In White” were rounded up and detained in Cuba. [BBC]
- On TV’s complicated relationship with abortion. [Washington Post]
- Will a boys’ ballet school attract more little boys into the genre of dance? [BBC]
- Nadine Gorimer, a white South African author and 1991 Nobel Prize for Literature winner, died at age 90. Gorimer’s anti-apartheid novels, such as A World Of Strangers, were banned by the government. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.