Woman Has Baby, Gets Arrested By Tennessee Police For Using Meth While Pregnant
- Tennessee has arrested its first new mother under a new law that charges women for assault for using narcotics while pregnant. A 26-year-old mom was arrested after she tested positive for meth, which she admitted to using before her baby’s birth. Call me crazy, but maybe quality drug rehabilitation treatment might work better than throwing addicts in jail?! A law like this automatically targets anyone who isn’t financially privileged enough to afford rehab in the first place. (Also, sneaky way to give rights to fetuses, everyone!) [Think Progress]
- On Nevada Assemblywoman Lucy Flores, abortion, and the politics of respectability. [Bitch Magazine]
- I don’t even want to click a story with “revenge rape” in the headline. [Feminist.org]
- Here are 11 brave women who reported sexual harassment in the workplace. [Huffington Post]
- A travel website aims to set up Black women in America with European men under the theory that there are not enough men in America to date Black women. [For Harriet]
- How coming out of the closet changed this woman’s body image. [Cosmopolitan]
- A Mormon feminist gives up. [xoJane]
- Ford Models founder Eileen Ford, who discovered Brooke Shields, Lauren Hutton, and Candice Bergen, has died at 92. [Telegraph UK]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.