European Court Upholds France’s Ban On Face-Covering Veils
- The European Court of Human Rights has upheld France’s ban on face-covering veils, claiming that veiled women make other people uncomfortable. The case was brought by a 24-year-old Muslim woman who chooses to wear a niqab veil. It’s hard not to see this as an F.U. to Muslims in France. [Feministing]
- Here are 14 more companies that will likely deny their employees coverage for certain forms of birth control following the Supreme Court’s Hobby Lobby ruling. [Huffington Post]
- In response to a lawsuit for not following the laws regarding fair pay, the Oakland Raiders will now pay its cheerleaders the minimum wage. [Slate]
- The face of sexual assault is so often a female one. This heartbreaking essay by a man named Richard Morgan reminds us that men and boys are victims, too. [Washington Post]
- An artist explains why she tried to make artwork about her abortion, but ended up changing her mind at the last minute. [New York Times]
- How Sweden’s Feminist Initiative was able to win a seat in European Parliament. [Democracy Now]
- Some people are upset about this Variety cover making a joke about Melissa McCarthy and Ben Falcone’s marriage. [CNN]
- #HireTheseWomen is a new Twitter hashtag that highlights female directors who should be getting the chance to direct films. [The Mary Sue]
- Author, therapist and sociologist Lillian Rubin has died at age 90. Dr. Rubin wrote dozens of books about women and class, including Worlds Of Pain: Life In The Working Class Family. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.