Women Of Color Ask To Be Included In Obama’s “My Brother’s Keeper” Program
- Women and girls of color are asking to be included in President Obama’s new program “My Brother’s Keeper,” which is aimed at young men of color. Over a 1,000 women and 200 men have signed letters saying young girls should be targeted in the program, too. [Washington Post]
- The New York Assembly passed the “Boss Bill” yesterday, which updates anti-discrimination laws by forbidding employers from discriminating against employees over their reproductive health decisions. Just another reason why I love New York! [RH Reality Check]
- Hillary Clinton believes America should have federally mandated family leave (ya think?) but doesn’t expect that “politically, we could get it now.” Sadly, I think she’s probably correct. [The Atlantic]
- On “family cap” laws, which refuse to provide additional welfare aid to families what have more children. [Slate]
- A woman who worked as a security guard at the Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn is suing employer AEG for allegedly firing because she wears her hair in an Afro. [Clutch Magazine]
- Are feminist-minded critical memes like the Bechdel test and manic pixie dream girls losing their power? [Flavorwire]
- On why waiting for marriage to have children is becoming a thing of the past. [The Atlantic]
- Lesbian rapper Siya from Brooklyn is on a new reality show “Sisterhood Of Hip Hop,” produced by T.I. and debuting later this summer. [AutoStraddle]
- Meet 11-year-old Lucy Li, the California sixth-grader dominating the golf world. [Cosmopolitan]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.