Florida Governor Signs Anti-Abortion Law
- Florida Governor Rick Scott signed a law criminalizing a second- or third-trimester abortion after a doctor has determined a fetus could survive outside the womb. The law also removes the woman’s psychological distress as an exception for such an abortion. [AP]
- The United States Senate is expected to approve $41 million to test thousands of rape kits — used to collect DNA evidence following a sexual assault — gathering dust in crime labs. [Feminist.org]
- The South Carolina state legislature is punishing colleges which assigned books about LGBTQ issues for summer reading by requiring the schools to now teach United States founding documents. They realize the Constitution doesn’t say anything about gays, right? [AutoStraddle]
- Karachi, Pakistan, has its first-ever female police chief. [Feminist.org]
cityprovince of Alberta, Canada, has granted a new birth certificate to Wren Kauffman, a 12-year-old boy born into a female body. Previously, the city’s policy only allowed for a new birth certificate if a person had sex reassignment surgery (which obviously isn’t possible for a person going through puberty). [Cosmopolitan]
- Meet 73 Black, brainy female scientists! [Clutch Magazine]
- How pop culture helps reinforce abortion stigma — and can help end it. [Feministing]
- Even Barbie is leaning in. [The Atlantic]
- The city of St. Petersburg, Russia, has overturned the “gay propaganda” law, although the law remains in effect at a national level. [Queerty]
- This nine-year-old girl is already being recruited by the University of Miami basketball team. [Clutch Magazine]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.