Boko Haram Reportedly Kidnaps Up To 40 More Women In Nigeria
- As many as 40 more more women in Nigeria have reportedly been kidnapped by Boko Haram, the Islamic extremist group responsible for kidnapping over 200+ schoolgirls in April. A local told AFP that young mothers were singled out and taken in this latest kidnapping. [Al Jazeera]
- The retrial for Marissa Alexander, a Black woman in Florida who was jailed for firing a “warning shot” in the air when she was attacked by her abusive husband, has been postponed until December. No one was injured when Alexander fired the gun, although children were in the house. She was convicted of aggravated assault and sentenced to 20 years in prison. She was released in November, but now the state attorney is pursuing 60 years. [ColorLines]
- The New York State legislature will consider a workplace pregnancy non-discrimination bill. The bill would require employers to make “reasonable accommodations” for pregnant employees. [RH Reality Check]
- Author Rebecca Solnit, the godmother of the phrase “mansplaining,” discusses her new book of essays called Men Explain Things To Me. [Guardian UK]
- On one feminist’s problems with Pharrell. [Bitch Magazine]
- High school boys talk about why they are feminists. [Feministing]
- “Sabrina” actress Martha Hyer has died at age 89. She was nominated for an Oscar for “Some Came Running,” which she appeared in alongside Frank Sinatra, and also appeared in “The Best Of Everything” with Joan Crawford. She was almost cast in the Alfred Hitchcock film “Psycho,” but the role went to Janet Leigh. [People]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.