Indian Minister On Rape: “Sometimes It’s Right, Sometimes It’s Wrong”
- A minister in India’s ruling party said about rape: “sometimes it’s right, sometimes it’s wrong.” [Guardian UK]
- Understanding rape in India means first understanding the caste system. [New York Times]
- Planned Parenthood of the Heartland has closed two clinics in southwest Iowa. [Des Moines Register]
- On being a victim of street harassment at eight month’s pregnant. [xoJane]
- Rolling Stone addresses efforts across the country to hold universities accountable for mishandling sexual assaults. [Rolling Stone]
- A new study abolishes the racist myths behind sex-selective abortions. [Mother Jones]
- Eimer McBride, an Irish novelist, is this year’s winner of the Bailey’s Women’s Prize For Fiction (formerly the Orange Prize) for her book A Girl Is A Half-Formed Thing. [Washington Post]
- A new law in turkey would reduce sentences for criminals who commit sex crimes, including against children. [Feminist Philosophers]
- Ohio’s state legislature is debating a bill that would ban health care plans in the state from covering abortion, but also ban other things like IUDs. [Slate]
- On the phrase “fat and happy.” [Shakesville]
- Grace Garcia, a political leader in Texas who helped found the National Latina Political Action Committee, has died at 59. [Ms. Magazine]
- Mary Soams, a British historian and the last surviving child of Winston Churchill, died at 91. [New York Times]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.