Three Georgia High School Student Athletes Charged For Alleged Post-Prom Sexual Assault
- Three student athletes from Calhoun High School in Georgia have been charged with sexual battery after allegedly sexually assaulting a drunk 18-year-old girl after a post-prom party on May 11th. The alleged assault took place at a cabin in the woods of Gilmer County, where nearly 30 students partied and drank after prom. During the night, Fields Chapman, Andrew Haynes, and Avery Johnson allegedly inserted a “foreign object” into the young woman’s vagina, causing tearing and “substantial” trauma, according to police. A fourth boy was reportedly in the room barricading the door shut or keeping watch for other partygoers; it is unclear whether charges will be filed against him. Interestingly, two of the young men have been previously arrested for underage drinking. Even though it makes me sick to my stomach that this is still happening, it really seems that Steubenville and other high-profile incidents are pressuring people, including law enforcement, to take stories of this kind seriously. [Jezebel; Atlanta Journal Constitution]
- In an effort to combat teen pregnancy, a school district in Marion County, Oregon, is letting some teachers distribute condoms to students as young as sixth grade. Students must specifically ask for the condoms from certain teachers. [CBS12]
- Nigeria can’t decide whether or not its citizens should be allowed to hold peaceful rallies in support of the 200+ teen girls who were kidnapped by an Islamist extremist group. [BBC]
- Here’s how states are addressing their backlogs of rape kits, which are allowing precious DNA evidence from rapists to waste away on the shelves. [MSNBC]
- Is HBO’s new show “Silicon Valley” a critique of sexism or just sexist? [The Daily Dot]
- The Toast on how not to review women’s writing. [The Toast]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.