Only 30 Percent Women: Google Releases Data About Their (Lack Of) Diversity
- Google released information yesterday about diversity within its workforce — and if you guessed that the majority of their employees “white” and “male,” you win a prize! According to data from January 2014 onward, 70 percent of its workforce are men and 30 percent are women. Sixty-one percent are white, 30 percent are Asian, three percent are Hispanic, and two percent are Black. “[W]e’re the first to admit that Google is miles from where we want to be—and that being totally clear about the extent of the problem is a really important part of the solution,” they wrote in the post. While I agree there is much to be improved, I commend Google about their transparency. [Google Official Blog]
- Here’s employee Anthea Watson Strong, who works with Google’s Social Impact team, with her thoughts on the data. [AntheaWatsonStrong]
- An open letter on feminism within tech. [Model View Culture]
- The husband of Farzana Parveen, the pregnant Pakistani woman who was stoned to death by her family this week in a so-called “honor killing” because she refused an arranged married, has revealed he killed his first wife. Mohammad Iqbal said that he killed that wife six years ago so he could marry Parveen. He was arrested but his son with his murdered wife forgave him, though, so EVERYTHING IS COOL, PEOPLE. I just can’t anymore with these stories. [CNN]
- Erin Gloria Ryan from Jezebel spent a day inside UC Santa Barbara shooter Elliot Rodger’s preferred pickup artist forum, called PUAHate, so you don’t have to venture there yourself. [Jezebel]
- Karl Rove has just come right out and said that Hillary Clinton is “old and stale.” [Politico]
- Here’s how the wage gap affects women during their retirement years. [The Dish]
- On fat women telling fat jokes. [NYMag.com The Cut]
- Feminist psychologist Sandra Bem, whose work focused on gender stereotyping and gender discrimination, died at 69. She was the past director of the Women’s Studies program at Cornell University. [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.