A Reading List On Elliot Rodger, Misogyny & Toxic Masculinity
There have been so many pieces analyzing UC Santa Barbara shooter Elliot Rodger and his extreme misogyny towards women. Here are a few must-read pieces:
- “Let’s Call The Isla Vista Killings What They Were: Misogynist Extremism,” by Laurie Penny, New Statesman
- “Elliot Rodger And Poisonous Ideals Of Masculinity,” by Noah Berlatsky, TheAtlantic.com
- “Elliot Rodger And The Price Of Toxic Masculinity,” by Harris O’Malley, The Daily Dot
- “How Pickup Artist Philosophy And Its More Misogynist Backlash Shaped The Mind Of Alleged Killer Elliot Rodger,” by Amanda Marcotte, The American Prospect
- “Why It’s So Hard For Men To See Misogyny,” by Amanda Hess, Slate
- “Dude, It’s You,” by John Beckett, Patheos.com
- “Inside The ‘Manosphere’ That Inspired Santa Barbara Shooter Elliot Rodger,” by Caitlin Dewey, Washington Post
- “Your Princess Is In Another Castle: Misogyny, Entitlement And Nerds,” by Arthur Chu, The Daily Beast
Today’s Lady News will return to its normal news-roundup column tomorrow.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.