Pamela Anderson Opens Up At Cannes About Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Pamela Anderson launched her own foundation at the Cannes Film Festival and publicly spoke about the sexual abuse she suffered as a child and an adolescent. From age six to 10, Anderson was molested by a female babysitter and at 12, she was raped by the older brother of a friend’s boyfriend. Then in 9th grade, she was gang raped by a boyfriend and six of his friends. What kept her going, she confessed, was her love for animals and the environment. “My affinity with animals saved me, they came to me naturally,” Anderson said. “The trees spoke to me, I wasn’t sure why I was alive, a burning question, a quest. My loyalty remains with the animal kingdom. I vowed to protect them and only them.” You can learn more about the Pamela Anderson Foundation here. [US Weekly]
- The Russian feminist punk band Pussy Riot are not heading to Cannes to consult about a role in “Spring Breakers: Second Coming,” contrary to what some nincompoop reported. [Huffington Post]
- Mick Jagger is now a great-grandpa! [Page Six]
- New couple alert: Cameron Diaz is dating Benji Madden from the band Good Charlotte, the twin brother of Nicole Richie’s husband Joel Madden. [x17online]
- An hour-long news program called the National Marijuana News is launching online soon. [TMZ]
- Avril Lavigne’s ex-husband Deryk Whibley was hospitalized last month after his kidneys and liver “collapsed” due to alcoholism. “I finally realized I can’t drink anymore,” he wrote in a letter on his website. “If I have one drink the docs say I will die.” [Rolling Stone]
- Cinematographer Gordon Willis, who worked on “Annie Hall,” “Manhattan,” and the “Godfather” movies, died at 82. [Entertainment Weekly]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
[Image via Getty]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.