List Of Alleged Rapists Turns Up In Columbia University Bathroom
- Last week, a list of alleged rapists turned up on a bathroom wall on Columbia University’s NYC campus. The list was scrubbed off almost immediately, but the same names resurfaced in a different Columbia bathroom a few days later. Public safety officers have implied that the list would be seen as an act of vandalism, which could mean disciplinary or even legal action against whomever wrote it. The same type of list appeared on bathroom walls at Brown University back in 1990, and like this case, the names were rewritten almost as quickly as they were being cleaned off. [Columbia Lion]
- The Nigerian government has denied terrorist group Boko Haram’s terms for the release of the hundreds of Nigerian teenage girls they abducted. The group said they would free the girls in exchange for the release of imprisoned members of the group. We still have no idea where the girls are and none of them have been rescued so far. [Jezebel]
- Iranian journalist Masih Alinejad’s “Stealthy Freedom” Facebook page encourages Iranian women to submit pictures of themselves without their legally-mandated hijabs. [USA Today]
- What is feminist biology and why do we need it? A look into the gender bias within science. [NYMag.com]
- Egypt’s Cabinet approved a draft law last week that could criminalize every form of sexual violence. The law intends to heavily fine and imprison perpetrators, but activists wonder whether it will be properly enforced. [Huffington Post]
- The 14 places that will make you a lesbian, according to 1954’s unintentionally funny, woefully dated “Female Homoesexuality.” [Autostraddle]
- China’s gender gap is growing, and so is the stigma surrounding single Chinese women. [Guardian UK]
- Another day, another slew of doctors challenging young women’s family planning choices. [Chicago Tribune]
- Thoughts on abortion over 35 and the misplaced judgment that comes with it. [Guardian UK]
[Image via Columbia Lion]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.