Nigerian Kidnapping Victims Are Still Missing; Meanwhile, An American Woman Took False Credit For Creating The #BringBackOurGirls Movement
- Ramaa Mosley, an American mom and filmmaker, took credit for creating the #BringBackOurGirls hashtag in support of the hundreds of kidnapped Nigerian teenagers. In reality, a Nigerian attorney named Ibrahim Musa Abdullahi created it based on chants he heard in the country’s capital. Mosley did help create a massive social media presence on the issue, but people are not pleased by her dishonesty. Meanwhile, as that quarrel rages on, the Nigerian government is seemingly stagnant and has yet to share any specifics on what they’re doing to rescue the girls. [Wall Street Journal]
- Painter Maria Lassnig passed away this week at age 94. Lassnig was known for her “body awareness” approach to self-portraits, in which she painted based on her feelings and mental perception of herself rather than photos or observation. You’ll be missed, Maria! [New York Times]
- Women are waiting longer to have their first child than they were even four years ago. [CBS News]
- Writer bell hooks called Beyonce an anti-feminist, and a whole lot of other not-so-pleasant things. [Jezebel]
- A headache-inducing list of the many “non-feminist” celebrities who wouldn’t have their careers in the first place without feminism. [Flavorwire]
- Thoughts on Michele Bachmann’s apparent dislike of her own gender. [US News]
- In case we haven’t heard enough opinions on “having it all” yet, there’s now a push to bring career women who became stay-at-home-moms back into the workplace. [Boston Globe]
- Dialogue surrounding the women’s movement in India has picked up a lot of speed in the past two years, but political progress hasn’t caught up just yet. What can we do about it? [New York Times]
[Photo via Bring Back Our Girls]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.