Defense Secretary Asks Military To Review Rules Targeting Black Women’s Hairstyles
- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has asked the military to review new Army rules regulating hairstyles which mostly target Black women. The new regulations ban dreadlocks, twists and larger cornrows. [New York Times]
- Jessica Valenti has a moving essay about having a preemie baby and her own complicated feelings about later-term abortions. Ultimately, though, Valenti says seeing up close how complicated pregnancy and childbirth decisions are have made her more pro-choice than ever before. [Guardian UK]
- Former Tufts student and Know Your IX campaign advocate Wagatwe Wanjuki speaks about her own battle with Tufts University and collaborating with the Obama administration’s new sexual assault measures … [Democracy Now]
- … and here’s a list of the colleges under investigation for possible violations of Title IX, including Harvard, USC, Penn State, BU, University of Chicago, Princeton and Dartmouth. [New York Times]
- How the GOP’s block of the minimum wage bill hurts women. [Cosmopolitan]
- Here’s how the Human Rights Campaign hopes to advance LGBT rights in the South. [Autostraddle]
- Five times “Cosmos” host Neil deGrasse Tyson has been an A+ feminist. [Feministing]
- On Arianna Huffington and her rich lady “Thrive” conference/movement. [Slate]
- Curator Nan Rosenthal, who brought modern art to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the National Gallery, died at age 76. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.