Nigerian Women March To Urge Government To Act On 230 Kidnapped Schoolgirls
- Nearly 500 women marched through Abuja, Nigeria, to press the government to the seek the release of 230 schoolgirls who were kidnapped by Boko Haram, a group of Islamic militants, two weeks ago. Boko Haram, which doesn’t believe in educating women, kidnapped the students from their boarding school in the middle of the night; four students were able to escape. Today, the protesters marched to deliver a letter to the government urging them to do anything necessary to secure the girls’ release. Relatives are claiming the girls, who are teens, have been sold as “brides” — i.e. sex slaves — to members of Boko Haram for $12. [BBC, Washington Post]
- Historical examples of gaslighting. [The Maude]
- Samantha Stendal and Aaron Blanton, students at the University of Oregon, won a Peabody Award for their 25-second-long anti-rape video that went viral in 2013. Congratulations! [Oregon Live]
- An Uber driver in Paris, France, has been fired for refusing to drive openly gay customers in his car. [Queerty]
- One of the first-ever British women to seek help at a domestic violence shelter in the UK looks back on her experience in 1973. Jenny Smith had been told by a priest, doctor and psychiatrist to “make peace” with her violent husband before she finally fled to a London shelter called Chiswick Women’s Aid with her two young children. [Guardian UK]
- What is the “glass cliff” and is General Motors’ new CEO Mary Barra on it? [The New Yorker]
- Are we surprised that a Long Island man who owns an “I (HEART) ASIAN GIRLS” T-shirt was arrested for taking an upskirt photo of a woman in a subway station? [Jezebel]
- I have to say I’m pretty psyched to read the graphic novel Pregnant Butch: Nine Long Months Spent In Drag. [Queerty]
- Here’s 20-year-old journalist Nellie Bly’s 1885 response to a chauvinist jerk. [BrainPickings]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.