Los Angeles Clippers Display Silent Protest Against Racist Owner Donald Sterling
- Over the weekend, TMZ released a recording in which Donald Sterling, the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, tells his mistress he wishes she wouldn’t bring Black people to games or pose in photos with them on her Instagram. “Don’t put him on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me,” Sterling is heard saying. “And don’t bring him to my games. Yeah, it bothers me a lot that you want to promo, broadcast that you’re associating with black people. Do you have to?” One person Sterling is referring to is Magic Johnson, the retired Lakers player. In a silent protest during warmups yesterday, the entire Clippers team wore their shirts inside out (so the team’s name was not visible), as well as black armbands and black socks. Sterling was barred from the game while the NBA investigates the recording. However, Sterling’s wife attended the game, also wearing all-black. [New York Times]
- New couple alert: Selena Gomez is rebounding from Justin Bieber with Orlando Bloom. [Page Six]
- Meet Natasha Archer, Kale Middleton’s personal stylist. [Daily Mail UK]
- Alex Pettyfer, who reportedly didn’t get along with Channing Tatum, might not be involved in the “Magic Mike” sequel, “Magic Mike XXL.” [Just Jared]
- Chris Martin seems to be putting the onus of his split from Gwyneth Paltrow on himself: “Up to a certain point in my life I wasn’t completely vulnerable and it caused some problems. If you don’t let love really in then you can’t really give it back.” [US Weekly]
- Skype group video calls are free for everyone now. [The Verge]
- House music DJ Rashad Harden was found dead this weekend at 34 from an apparent drug overdose. [Page Six]
- Willie Nelson is getting his fifth degree black belt. [HyperVocal]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
[Image via Getty]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.