7 Things To Know About Arrow De Wilde, The Indie World’s Next “It” Girl
Yesterday marked the birthday of many celebrities, including Barbra Streisand, Kelly Clarkson and, of course, Cedric The Entertainer. However, if we were any good in the kitchen, we’d make a particularly big cake for Arrow De Wilde, who turned a whopping 15 yesterday. She might not be a household name — yet — but she’s got the kind of unique flair, budding art skillz and ever-changing hair color to make her into a full-fledged geek goddess.
Keep your eyes peeled for the statuesque teen queen and learn a few reasons why she’s well on her way to becoming a style icon and overall muse.
1. Her parents ooze artistic aptitude. Mom is famed photographer Autumn De Wilde, who’s shot everyone from Donald Glover to Beck to Rilo Kiley. Dad is Aaron Sperske, drummer for bands like Beachwood Sparks, Father John Misty and The Pernice Brothers.
2. Her style game is on point. Following in the footsteps of friend Tavi Gevinson, Arrow has turned her love of clothes into a job as a fashion blogger and model. Her style musings can by found at TheSundaySisters.com, while her modeling has appeared inside the pages of Teen Vogue and Paper Magazine.
3. Arrow appears on the cover of Bleachers’ new single, “I Wanna Get Better.” Okay, so it’s only the back of her pink-tinted head, but singer Jack Antonoff (who also plays guitar in fun.) also uses the image on the band’s drum head, which can be seen every time the group plays live.
4. And she’s in the video! Speaking of Bleachers, Arrow also acts in the band’s video for “I Wanna Get Better,” which happens to be directed by “Girls” creator/star, Autumn De Wilde photography subject and Antonoff’s girlfriend, Lena Dunham.
5. That wasn’t her video debut, though. Arrow also appears in Keaton Henson’s clip for “Lying To You.” It’s impossible to watch her and not drool over her completely bad-ass jean jacket, which features a glittery-yet-disgusting bloody tampon pin that we can’t help but want. The “Tampin” can be purchased at the Pygmy Hippo Shoppe, which also happens to be one of Arrow’s favorite L.A. shopping destinations.
6. She’s also a budding photographer, just like her mom. Her portfolio can be found on her Tumblr blog.
7. When Arrow was a baby, she got to hang out with Elliott Smith — like, a lot. In her mother’s photography book documenting the deceased singer, there are a couple heartwarming shots of the “Miss Misery” singer and the artsy tot. Um, how many toddlers can say that?
[Photo via Autumn De Wilde]