Donna Tartt Wins 2014 Pulitzer Prize For The Goldfinch
- Donna Tartt’s novel The Goldfinch — a favorite in The Frisky’s office — is the 2014 winner of the Pulitzer Prize in Fiction. All the more reason to read it, I suppose. [Los Angeles Times]
- A lesbian couple have wed in the UK’s first same-sex nuptials in a church. [Guardian UK]
- Frisky reader Billieanne is working on this great new Tumblr project called “I Will End Sexual Violence,” in which people can submit pictures of themselves holding a sign explaining what they’re going to do to end sexual violence. Give it some love, why don’t you? [I Will End Sexual Violence]
- Meet Berivan Kilic, a former child bride who was married to a cousin at 15. She left her abusive husband at 28 and at 33, she is now the mayor of a rural town in Turkey. [Huffington Post]
- Did you know about Jerrie Mock, the 38-year-old homemaker from Ohio who made history by flying around the world? She’s an Amelia Earhart who has been lost to history. [BuzzFeed]
- A trans woman explains her uncomplicated relationship with her penis: she hates it. [The Hairpin]
- An OB/GYN in Texas details the horrific consequences of the 2013 legislation to restrict abortion access. [Cosmopolitan]
- Unpublished stories by Shirley Jackson, author of the classic “The Lottery,” will be published next year. [New York Times]
- Rapper Kelis said she doesn’t think the word “bossy” should be an issue for feminist activists. [Clutch Magazine]
- Here’s how you can help The Monument Quilt, a participatory art project created by survivors of sexual assault and their allies, travel the country in 2014 through their Kickstarter campaign. [Kickstarter]
- Who else wants to know everything about feminist trading cards? [Jezebel]
- Why do most pregnant women in Brazil get C-sections, even when they’re not medically necessary? [The Atlantic]
- Am I a feminist? Four conservative and centrist women explain their views. [Guardian UK]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
[Images via Getty and Amazon]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.