South Carolina Advances Anti-Abortion Bill
- A South Carolina state Senate panel has advanced a bill that justifies a pregnant woman using force against anyone who tries to harm her “unborn child.” Abortion rights supports rightly point out bills like this are a sneaky attempt to criminalize abortion by making a fetus legally recognized as person. (The panel postponed on a separate bill which would actually grant fetuses personhood.) [CBS Local]
- Here’s what’s wrong and what’s right with the Campus Sexual Violence Elimination Act (Campus Save Act), which dictates how colleges must report sexual violence crimes. [Feministing]
- This woman had to lie and say she was raped in order to get an abortion in Brazil, where nearly all pregnancy terminations are illegal. [Cosmopolitan]
- On the 40 pregnant women who are being held at immigration detention centers. [Racialicious]
- Major League Baseball is trying to pretend three days — yes, three days — off is paternity leave. [Slate]
- Andrea Grimes has a fascinating piece about an anti-abortion “abolitionist” named Jered Ragon. [RH Reality Check]
- Myrlie Evers-Williams, widow of civil rights activist and NAACP field secretary Medgar Evers, spoke recently about her husband’s 1963 assassination. [PBS.org]
- Meet Samantha Harris, Australia’s first international indigenous model. [BBC]
- British novelist Sue Townsend, author of the Adrian Mole series, has died at 68. [BBC]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.