- According to a small study of 800 Swedish teens, boys and girls fantasize about sex the same amount! The Journal Of Developmental And Behavioral Pediatrics study also found that teen boys were more likely to have watched porn (not too surprising) but that teen girls who watched porn were most likely to have had sex. [Nerve]
- Senate Republicans blocked an equal pay bill, because what else is new? [New York Times]
- Brandies University in Massachusetts has changed its mind about issuing an honorary degree to the women’s rights activists Aayan Hirsi Ali. Ali, the author of Infidel, is a vocal critic of Islam, particularly for some of its practitioners’ more extreme treatment of women. In a statement, Brandeis said that Ali’s views are “inconsistent with [our] core values.” [New York Times]
- Andraya Williams, a trans college student in North Carolina who was escorted off-campus by security guards over using the women’s bathrooms, has asked the school to update its policy on transgender students and issue her a formal apology. [Advocate]
- Is Dove’s latest body image commercial their most bullshit one yet? [Jezebel]
- Senator Dianne Feinstein got called too “emotional” to judge the efficacy of CIA interrogation programs. [Slate]
- Here is Speak author Laurie Halse Anderson on the media’s lack of focus on YA authors who are women. [Book Riot]
See a story that belongs on Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter.