May I Interest You In A Back-Alley Abortion, Madame?
- On the terrifying return of the back-alley abortion. [Huffington Post]
- A trans woman student at a North Carolina college was hassled by campus security after she used the women’s bathroom. [Advocate]
- The governor of West Virginia vetoed a bill that would have banned abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy, calling it “unconstitutional.” [Feminist.org]
- The president of Harvard University announced the creation of a sexual misconduct task force. The task force appears to be a response to an anonymous letter published in the Harvard Crimson student newspaper by a student who got the runaround from the administration after she was sexually assaulted. [The Harvard Crimson]
- On “trigger warnings” being used at the college level. [LA Times]
- Three men in India have been sentenced to death for the rape of a photojournalist in Mumbai last year. [Al-Jazeera]
- Senator Harry Reid announced that the Senate will vote on the Paycheck Fairness Act as early as next week. [Feminist.org]
- Young Latinas are the key to progressivism in Texas. [Fusion.net]
- On Mormon women wearing pants to church. [The Toast]
- Washington Post columnist Alyssa Rosenberg on the rape story lines on TV’s most popular dramas, including “Game Of Thrones,” “Mad Men,” “House Of Cards,” and “The Americans.” [Washington Post]
- 10 women who could easily replace David Letterman when he retires in 2015. [Jezebel]
- What does a feminist art show look like in Russia? [Bitch Magazine]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
[Image of a wire hanger via Shutterstock]