Black Women’s Hair Is Under More Scrutiny With The Army’s New Grooming Regulations
- The Army released new regulations on Monday for hair and grooming which seem to specifically target Black women’s hairstyles. The new regs now forbid braids or cornrows larger than a quarter of an inch (dreadlocks and twists have already been banned since 2005). As a result, Black women who wear their hair this way have to either get a new hairstyle or cover it with a wig. [Huffington Post]
- Hobby Lobby is fighting the Obama administration not to pay cover contraception for women in their health care plan, but they seem to have no problem at all investing in contraception makers with their retirement funds. [Mother Jones]
- Meet Ameena Ruffin and Korey Johnson, the first Black women to win a national debate championship tournament. [Clutch Magazine]
- Here’s how Mariska Hargitay and her “SVU” colleagues are fighting rape myths. [Jezebel]
- The Nation has a piece about Suey Park, the 23-year-old Twitter activist who started the #CancelColbert and #NotYourAsianSidekick hashtags. [The Nation]
- How indie female filmmakers are changing the TV landscape. [IndieWire]
- Why are people so gleeful about watching fashion models trip and fall on the runway? [Yahoo Shine]
- Is “Trophy Wife” secretly the most feminist show on television? [Think Progress]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.