Beauty Test Drive: Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo
Between my super dry scalp and the cold winter weather, I’ve been trying really, really hard to wash my hair less often. This is not a fun goal to have when your hair is very blonde and does not hide oil well. The solution to extending the time between hair washing without having super gross hair? Dry shampoo, of course! But finding the right dry shampoo for me turned out to be more of a “Goldilocks & The Three Bears” situation than I expected. After trying dry shampoos that were too clumpy, too smelly, too powdery, too heavy, and too light, I finally found one that was juuuuuuust right: Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo With Oat Milk. Read on for details!
Price/Availability: $19.50, Drugstore.com
How To Use It: Spray your roots with a few blasts of dry shampoo, leave on for two or three minutes, and then brush out. Ta-da! Like magic (seriously, it might be magic), oil is gone, and your hair looks clean, feels soft, and smells good. You can also use Klorane’s Dry Shampoo to help your updos stay up, or spray on the entire length of your hair for a beachy texture. The Klorane website has two how-to videos that are actually really helpful. I love the idea of using a blowdryer afterwards to amp up the volume.
- Efficacy. This stuff really works. It soaks up oil like nobody’s business, and creates a hair texture that’s soft, voluminous, and easy to style. That, to me, makes the $20 price tag worth it.
- Scent. It smells fresh and botanical, not chemical-y or baby powder overload. As much as my friends love Tresemme’s dry shampoo, the smell gives me a headache. Klorane’s scent doesn’t bother me at all; in fact, I like it!
- Ease. This product couldn’t be easier to use. I tried other dry shampoos that came in powder form or required more complicated application techniques. This one really is as easy as my one-sentence instructions above claim. You know those old Geico commercials that said, “So easy, a caveman could do it”? When it comes to hair styling competency, I am a caveman. With Klorane, I can do it. That’s how easy is it.
- Perfect for travel. You know what’s the worst way to spend your time when you’re on a trip? Washing and drying your hair. I’m currently planning a trip to Lyon, France and after discovering Klorane, I’m genuinely excited to spend less time trying to soak my thick hair under a drizzly faucet and more time eating croissants.
- Color. The powder is pretty bright white, which is great for my blonde hair, but seems like it might be tough to completely brush out of darker hair colors? (Note: my blogger buddy Allie from Wardrobe Oxygen has dark brown hair and swears it brushes out fine!)
- Aerosol. I’ve read numerous reviews that the Aerosol can craps out after only a few uses, so I’m probably going to buy the non-aerosol version when it comes time to replace my current canister.
- Price. Compared to $3 drugstore dry shampoo, Klorane is a fairly spendy option. It’s worth it for me, because I’ve tried the cheaper versions and they just didn’t work, but if you can find a more affordable dry shampoo that does the job, more power to you!
Overall: 5/5 I adore this product, use it multiple times a week, and can’t wait to take it on my next vacation. Highly recommended for anyone who’s been less than impressed with other dry shampoos!