If You’re Not Getting Paid Fairly, Maybe It’s Because Men Are “Better Negotiators,” Says Texas Republican Chief
- “Men are better negotiators,” according to Beth Cubriel (a woman!), the executive director of the Texas GOP Party. “I would encourage women, instead of pursuing the courts for action, to become negotiators.” Y’hear that ladies? Unequal pay is your fault because you didn’t negotiate well enough. [Huffington Post]
- A new viral video shows a father beating his 13-year-old daughter with a belt, supposedly after she left from home for three days. Blogger Demetria Lucas explains why physical abuse of young women by their supposed male role models is teaching them all the wrong lessons. [The Root]
- A bill introduced into the Nebraska state senate would require signs to be posted inside abortion clinics stating it is illegal “for anyone to force you to have an abortion.” NB state law already prohibits coercing a woman into having an abortion; the signage, therefore, is intended to discourage and intimidate women. [RH Reality Check]
- This woman made a short film about her rape (“Meet My Rapist”) and now says dating is really difficult. [Daily Dot]
- Are women dropping out of STEM (science, tech, engineering, math) programs out of fear of failure? [The Nation]
- If women’s roles in ads were played by men … [PSFK]
- Blogger Jessica Grose addresses the “pink ghetto” and explains how she ended up writing for “women’s media.” [Slate]
- Attention nerds/feminists: on the gender problems in “The Hobbit” films. [xoJane]
- Rachel Lambert Mellon, a horticulturist who redesigned the White House Rose Garden as well as many personal gardens of the rich and famous, died at 103. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.