The New York Times Twitter Feed Identifies Accomplished Fashion Designer L’Wren Scott As “Mick Jagger’s Girlfriend”
- Nevermind that fashion designer L’Wren Scott, who died today from an apparent suicide, modeled for Chanel, styled Elizabeth Taylor’s White Diamonds campaign, outfitted a number of Hollywood films, and made gowns worn by Angelina Jolie, Michelle Obama, Sarah Jessica Parker, and numerous other celebs. According to The New York Times, the most notable thing about this extraordinarily accomplished woman was that she was Mick Jagger’s girlfriend. :::head desk::: [Twitter.com/NYTimes]
- So, the anti-abortion “abolitionists” are a big bucket of offensive/crazy, huh? [MSNBC]
- Rupert Murdoch called gay people “bullies” and urged Irish people to boycott Guinness after the beer brand pulled out of New York City’s St. Patrick’s Day parade over its exclusion of LGBTQ folks. [Media Matters For America]
- The “First Kiss” video gets a queer twist! [AfterEllen]
- xoJane published an essay by a woman describing the sexual, physical and verbal abuse she suffers at the hands of her stepfather, alongside a picture of the author. Her photo has since been taken down [xoJane, GOMI]
- On “menstrual taboos” in Nepal and Bangladesh and what life is like when having your period means being shunned by society. [Mosaic Science]
- The Los Angeles Times has fired a reporter for inaccuracies in a story about sexual assaults at Occidental College, as well as for an “inappropriate relationship” with one of his sources on the piece. [Jezebel]
- Turkey’s Society of Obstetrics & Gynecology has warned that state hospitals are basically banning all abortions, despite the fact that pregnancy terminations are supposed to be legal in the country up until 10 weeks. [Hurriyet Daily News]
- A female developer for GitHub described the sexism and intimidation she suffered as a woman in tech, eventually leading to her departure. [TechCrunch]
- An NYPD officer in Brooklyn is suing her boss for sexual assault and sexual harassment. [Gothamist]
- Attention, Ban Bossy campaign: here’s why one woman likes being called “bossy.” [Role/Reboot]
- This woman employed by a Catholic University was shamed by her human resources director for wanting insurance to cover her birth control. [Huffington Post]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.