Fashion Blog Launches #NoMoreTerry Campaign To Stop Hiring Terry Richardson
- Fashion blog OMG That Dress has launched a campaign called #NoMoreTerry to boycott brands (cough Marc Jacobs cough) and publications (cough Vogue cough) that hire photographer Terry Richardson, who has repeatedly been accused of sexually abusing young women. #NoMoreTerry comes just days after former model Charlotte Waters, 24, outed herself to Vocativ as the Reddit poster who was allegedly sexually assaulted by Richardson during a modeling session five years ago. [No More Terry, OMG That Dress, The Daily Dot]
- On Twitter, Buzzfeed, privacy, and sharing somebody else’s rape story. [The Gloss]
- Although it is rare, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention would like to remind you that HIV is transmissible between women through sexual contact and it happened recently in Texas. (Wait, women are allowed to be gay in Texas? [NPR]
- The mayor of Madrid, Spain handed out aprons and nail files to women at an International Women’s Day event. [The Local SE]
- Tumblr penalized a woman for doxxing some guy who issued a rape threat. [Jezebel]
- On a new PBS film called “No Job For A Woman” about female World War II war correspondents. [The Broad Side]
- Another new film, “Exposed,” explores New York City’s underground burlesque scene. [New York Post]
- A firm that was hired to recruit a new police chief for Oakland, California, has been fired after it was found they discriminate against hiring gays and lesbians. [East Bay Express]
- Why trying to “rescue” sex workers by arresting them is a bad idea. [Bitch Magazine]
- Ophelia DeVore-Mitchell, who opened a modeling agency and a charm school which served Black women, has died at age 91. She began her career as a model in the 1930s, although she had to hide her heritage in order to do so. DeVore-Mitchell opened her schools in the 1940s, when the other agencies and charm schools refused to admit Black women. Her students included the singer Faith Evans, actress Diahann Carroll, and TV newscaster Sue Simmons. [New York Times]
[Image via Getty]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.