Lily Allen Battles Blogger Over Feminism Comments
- Lily Allen got in a Twitter dispute with a blogger from Holy Moly, after she took the pop star to task for saying she doesn’t understand why feminism exists anymore and “I don’t think men are the enemy. I think women are the enemy.” Lily Allen reacted defensively, accusing writer Becca Day-Preston of misunderstanding her and using her quotes out of context. FWIW, I think Lily Allen is fairly feminist and don’t blame her for critiquing mainstream feminism — I just think she just went about it the wrong way here (and has similarly mishandled gender/racial issues in the past). [Holy Moly, Entertainment Wise]
- Sexual violence is a “women’s issue” and other myths about violence against women that we need to stop repeating. [MSNBC]
- The Canadian parliament’s report on missing and murdered aboriginal women has drawn sharp criticism for not adequately addressing the issue. [CTV]
- The last abortion clinic in Texas’ Rio Grande Valley, one of the poorest areas in the state, has shut down as a result of the state’s new restrictions on abortion. [Salon]
- On the pandemic of violence against women in Mexico. [Chicago Tribune]
- The top five things that happened once this writer began presenting as butch. [Autostraddle]
- Female entrepreneurs typically pay themselves a lower salary than men do when beginning a startup venture. [New York Times]
- On recognizing sex work as work. [The Hairpin]
- The “Tranny Awards” is changing its name to the Transgender Erotica Awards. [Nerve]
- Infographic time! How many women are benefitting from the Affordable Care Act? [Center For American Progress]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.