- Irish bookies Paddy Power have a bet going on the Oscar Pistorius trial, promising “money back if he walks” — that is, if the Olympian isn’t convicted of allegedly murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine’s Day one year ago. Advocacy groups against domestic violence have called the bidding “sick” and a Change.org petition has been created to ask Paddy Power to nix the bets. (Thanks to reader Christine for the link!) [Belfast Telegraph, Change.org]
- Still no prison time for Austin Clem, an Alabama man who was convicted for raping an underage girl (twice while she was 14 and once again when she was 18). [Mother Jones]
- An escort who also happens to be nerd made a fascinating infographic about how she spent her time in 2013. Sex work involves a lot, lot, lot more writing and responding to emails than you thought. [Daily Dot]
- Anna Lunoe, an Australian musician and producer, blasted an unnamed journalist on Twitter for asking her opinion on Miley Cyrus. Lunoe tweeted, “What do you want me to say exactly? Something snarky about another woman in the music industry?” [Tone Deaf AU]
- Tales of an abortion clinic escort. [The Toast]
- Mormon women are embracing their changing roles in the Church of Latter Day Saints, including missions in foreign countries. [New York Times]
- Meet Senator Kelly Ayotte, who has been dubbed the Republican Party’s “new Sarah Palin.” [The Daily Beast]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.