5 Reasons You Should Propose To Your Partner With A Macaroni & Cheese Ring Instead Of A Diamond
This amazing macaroni & cheese ring has been making the rounds online this week. Many people seem to think it’s just a silly little novelty accessory, but I happen to find it extremely romantic. In fact, my boyfriend and I don’t want to get married, but if he were to get down on one knee with this ring, well, I’d probably reconsider. Here are five reasons that everyone should ditch the whole “diamond engagement ring” trend and propose with macaroni & cheese rings instead:
1. Macaroni and cheese are two very different foods that bring out the best in each other. They were meant to be together. How romantic is that??
2. Conflict diamonds are deadly. Macaroni & cheese is delicious.
3. If you asked most people to list the things they loved most, in order, they would say, “1. Macaroni & cheese; 2. My life partner.” By giving your partner this ring, you’re acknowledging that they are at least tied with mac & cheese for the #1 spot.
4. When people ask her how many carats her ring is, she can say, “It’s not carrots, it’s noodles and cheddar.”
5. You can make a “joined in holy macaroni” pun at the altar, and isn’t that worth it just by itself?
P.S. Funny story: I posted a picture of this ring on my boyfriend’s Facebook page and said, “Will you marry me?” as a joke, and his grandma saw it and thought we were really getting married with macaroni & cheese rings, and told his entire family the joyous news. His mom called to congratulate us. So yeah, that was awkward.