Same-Sex Marriage Ban Struck Down In Texas
- In 2005, Texas voters approved an amendment to the Texas constitution defining marriage as between a man and a woman. Today, a federal judge has struck down a ban on same-sex marriage, deeming it unconstitutional. Judge Orlando Garcia ruled that denying gay couples the right to marry is a violation of equal protection and due process. However, gay couples will not be allowed to marry immediately because a stay was issued on the ruling, pending an inevitable appeal. [New York Times]
- On the thin female characters of “True Detective”… [The New Yorker]
- But maybe the show treats its female characters badly for a reason. [Slate]
- Buy an old “purity ring” on eBay and raise money for Planned Parenthood! (Spoiler: the ring didn’t “work.”) [Virginity Movie]
- Project Rose in Phoenix, Arizona, is working in conjunction with police to have sex workers arrested in order to “save’ them. How fucked up is that? [VICE]
- Few women in the military actually want the combat jobs newly opened to them, according to the results of a new survey. That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have the option, though! [AP]
- Most Democrats want former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to run for president in 2016, according to a new poll. [New York Times]
- Attention, Republicans: calling a woman a “twat” on Facebook is not a good idea right now or ever. [Talking Points Memo]
- These are the seven most common lies about abortion. [Rolling Stone]
- An anesthesiologist in Canada has been sentenced to 10 years in prison after he was found guilty of sexually assaulting 21 women while they were under sedation. [USA Today]
- On the limitations of Eve Ensler’s “dance-based activism.” [The Hairpin]
- On race and Olympic figure skating. [Racialicious]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.