California Wants Law To Require “Affirmative Consent”
- California wants to rewrite the state law regarding sexual violence on college campuses to require both partners to give “affirmative consent” before engaging in sexual activity. The legislation hopes to protect victims who were sexually assaulted while drunk or on drugs and couldn’t/didn’t give consent. The bill’s sponsors said they hope that this would be a paradigm shift for the way that colleges handle sexual assaults on campus, where alcohol is often involved. [Sacramento Bee]
- A proposed South Dakota bill could ban abortions as early as seven weeks (when some women don’t even know they are pregnant yet). [RH Reality Check]
- Kansas advanced a bill that would allow folks to deny gay and lesbian couples social services and benefits. Does this mean, for example, a public school teacher could refuse to teach children of gay parents? [Reuters]
- Texas gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis is being pressed for her views on abortion. [MSNBC]
- Barbie — yes, the doll — is on the 2014 cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. [New York Times]
- Bill Gates will make sure you have thinner, better-feeling condoms. [Nerve]
- Transgender comedian Avery Edison was held at the Toronto airport and, predictably, border control officers didn’t really know how to handle the situation. [Toronto Life]
- On the pre-Valentine’s Day vibrator boom. [Racked]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.