Lean In & Getty Team Up For More Feminist Stock Photography
- Getty Images is teaming up with LeanIn.org, the nonprofit run by Sheryl Sandberg, to improve the types of images of women and families available in stock photography. THANK GOD. You have no idea how frustrating it is to try to illustrate a blog post about abortion with nothing but coat hangers or bloody fetus photos to choose from. [New York Times, NYmag.com The Cut]
- The two members of Pussy Riot who were recently released from prison and appeared at a concert hosted by Amnesty International suggested the next item on the agenda may be running for the Moscow city parliament. [AP]
- Casey Stoney, the captain of England’s Arsenal Ladies soccer team, has spoken out publicly for the first time that she’s a lesbian. [BBC]
- Five other ways to interpret The New York Times Magazine’s article on how an “egalitarian marriage” can adversely impact sex. [Feministing]
- The Justice Department is getting with the gay rights’ program. [Guardian UK]
- Thousands of Spaniards marched on Saturday to protest new abortion restrictions. [Al-Jazeera]
- The UK’s education secretary has agreed to meet with a teen girl who is advocating for more information about female genital mutilation (FGM) to be taught in British schools. [Guardian UK]
- A report by Human Rights Watch found that sex workers in China are physically abused, extorted and sent to “re-education camps” by police during crackdowns on prostitution. [BBC]
- Meet Zahra Lari, an 18-year-old Muslim figure skater from the United Arab Emirates who skates wearing a hijab veil. [Colorlines]
- The UK’s Observer magazine is doing a series on the experiences of female politicians around the world. [Guardian UK]
- Anne Heyman, a former lawyer to raised millions of dollars to build housing for orphaned children of genocide in Rwanda, died at age 52. [New York Times]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.