NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio Boycotts St. Patrick’s Day Parade Over Gay Ban
- New York City’s new mayor Bill de Blasio announced he will boycott the St. Patrick’s Day parade, the largest in the nation, because of the organizers’ ban on pro-gay banners and signs. De Blasio is the first-ever NYC mayor to decline participation in the parade. [ABC News]
- Louisiana has scrapped its kinda shady new abortion restrictions (which would have closed all of the state’s clinics) following pushback from reproductive rights protestors. [Feminist.org]
- Mary Barra, GM’s first female CEO, will make half of what her predecessor made. And her predecessor will still earn more than her as an outside senior advisor. [Think Progress]
- Scotland has legalized same-sex marriage and ended a stupid law in which a transgender person must have their spouse’s approval before their new gender is recognized by the state. And they had a rainbow. [Feministing]
- Barbie’s lead designer defends the doll’s crazy-unrealistic proportions. [Fast Company]
- In response to the reaction to Dylan Farrow’s NY Times piece, our former Hitched columnist Andrea Grimes asks: what would make you believe a survivor of childhood sexual abuse? [RH Reality Check]
- How to react when an artist you admire is an accused predator, like Woody Allen or Roman Polanski. [Shadow And Act]
- Thirteen awful things Republicans have said about immigration. [Cosmopolitan For Latinas]
- Kink.com, the BDSM production company in San Francisco, has been fined nearly $80,000 this week for not following a state law on condom usage in porn. [Nerve]
- Women-only gyms are making a comeback. [Clutch Magazine]
- Playwright Rebecca Gilman (“Luna Gale,” “The Glory Of Living”) on feminism, class and flawed heroes. [Ms. Magazine]
Follow me on Twitter. Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.