Woman Reveals The Batshit Insane & Hateful Anonymous Comments She Receives On Tumblr
- Lindsay Bottos is a 21-year-old student who posts a lot of selfies on Tumblr. In this new project, which she has shared on Buzzfeed, Lindsay posts actual cruel, slut-shaming and even violent anonymous comments that she receives on Tumblr. It’s really fucking disgusting (and not uncommon for women who post pics on the internet). [BuzzFeed]
- Maryland’s state legislature is considering a bill that would require colleges in the state to administer a survey on sexual violence every three years and to report the findings to the state’s Higher Education Commission. [Feminist.org]
- A female politician in India suggested that some women are raped because of their “clothing and behavior” and because they are in an “inappropriate place.” [The Daily Beast]
- Oklahoma’s legislative session hasn’t even begun and anti-abortion lawmakers have already pre-filed bills with more abortion restrictions. [RH Reality Check]
- On white adoptive mothers and the reality of racial privilege. [Racialicious]
- A Chinese woman has settled in the country’s first gender discrimination lawsuit. Cao Ju, 23, was told she would not be hired for a tutoring position because she isn’t a man. [Guardian UK]
- Barney’s cast 17 transgender models in a new ad campaign photographed by Bruce Weber. [Fashionista]
- The anti-abortion extremist who murdered Wichita, Kansas, abortion provider Dr. George Tiller in May 2009 is seeking a new trial. Scott Roeder’s lawyer is arguing that he believes that the lives of “unborn babies” were in imminent danger and jurors were not allowed to consider a conviction of voluntary manslaughter (which carries a lighter sentence). [Guardian UK]
- A Chicago teenager who was killed one year ago by gun violence — only weeks after performing with her school band at President Obama’s inauguration — is being memorialized. Hadiya Pendleton was only 15 when she was randomly killed by apparent gang violence. [Huffington Post]
- Six ways to talk to your son about male violence and healthy masculinity. [Everyday Feminism]
See a story that belongs on Today’s Lady News? Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.