Louisiana’s Abortion Clinics May Soon Close Thanks To New “Emergency” Regulations
- Louisiana’s Department of Health and Hospitals has enacted “emergency” abortion regulations — written without public comment — which require a woman seeking an abortion to wait 30 days after taking a blood test before she can terminate her pregnancy. The rules also require clinics to largely increase their sizes in order to keep their licenses. This will likely have the effect of closing Louisiana’s five abortion providers. [RH Reality Check]
- Pussy Riot’s performance in Brooklyn next week will be “satanic,” says area Russian Orthodox priest. [The Daily Beast]
- The Cleveland Police Department is finally testing its massive backlog of rape kits (i.e. the DNA evidence taken from a rape victim after the assault). One thousand have been tested and there are another 3,000 to still be done. [NPR]
- The New Yorker has a long feature about abortion providers. [The New Yorker]
- MSNBC announced it has added a new daytime show in its 2 p.m. slot hosted by Joy-Ann Reid, the managing editor of The Grio.[The Root, MSNBC]
- The French president and his longterm girlfriend have broken up. But what’s the point of a First Lady, anyway? [New York Times]
- Do trans folks have a responsibility to be “out”? [The Toast]
- On early scouting of girls for women’s collegiate sports. [New York Times]
- On what it’s like to be a Black female NFL agent. [The Root]
- The head of a Japanese broadcast network has apologized for “very inappropriate” comments he made about the 200,000 Asian women who were forced into sexual slavery as “comfort women” during World War Two. [BBC]
- Here’s Slate.com blogger Amanda Hess and GQ scribe Amy Wallace on “Reliable Sources” discussing the disproportionate Internet abuse against women journalists. [CNN]
- An interview with Alison Bechdel, author of the graphic memoirs Fun Home and Are You My Mother?, as well as the comic strip Dykes To Watch Out For. [Progressive]
- The Guggenheim is honoring Black photographer Carrie Mae Weems with a career retrospective. [New York Times]
- If, like me, last night was the first time you learned what a Kacey Musgraves is, here’s everything you need to know about country’s reigning feminist! [Bitch Magazine]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.