Radio Station Censors Beyoncé’s “Drunk In Love” Over Domestic Violence Lyrics
- A British radio station called Bang Radio has edited out lyrics of Beyoncé and Jay Z’s song “Drunk In Love” that reference domestic violence. Init, Jay Z raps “Now eat the cake, Anna Mae / I said eat the cake, Anna Mae,” which is a reference to the film “What’s Love Got To Do With It” about Tina and Ike Turner’s relationship. In one scene, Angela Bassett, who plays Tina, is forced to eat cake by her abusive husband. Explaining their decision, Bang Radio released a statement saying: “We will continue to serve in social equality for people through music and content on our station.” [Eonline, Mirror UK]
- Following Justin Bieber arrest yesterday, his manager Scooter Braun tweeted he loves the singer and “will act in the manner of someone who truly cares.” Sources say that Braun has issued Bieber an ultimatum to get help or else he’ll get dropped by his management. [Contact Music]
- Meanwhile, Bunim/Murray Productions celebrated Bieber’s time in the pokey with a Justin Bieber First Arrest cake. [Jezebel]
- Meanwhile, United States Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power would like you to pay attention to something other than Justin Bieber’s DUI, like “Syria, South Sudan, Iran, Central African Republic…” [Politico]
- I’m girl-crushing hard on “Broad City” stars Illana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson. [BuzzFeed]
- Mary J. Blige’s father Thomas Blige is in critical condition after being stabbed in the next Thursday morning by an ex-girlfriend. [Huffington Post]
- Have a spare $20,000 lying around? Kevin and Danielle Jonas have put their New Jersey mansion on AirBNB for the week around the Super Bowl for football fans who need a plush place to stay near MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford. [OK! Magazine]
- Lance Bass has no hard feelings against “Bachelor” Juan Pablo Galavis after his anti-gay remarks, explaining “I still think he’s cute.” [ABC News]
- Season four of “The Boondocks” is headed to Adult Swim on April 21. Woo hoo! [ColorLines]
- A new Fox reality show called “Utopia” will plunk 15 people down in an “isolated, undeveloped location” for an entire year to build a society up from scratch. How long until this experiment devolves into some Lord Of The Flies shit? [Deadline Hollywood]
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon will release a children’s book next year about their twins called Roc and Roe’s Twelve Days Of Christmas. Why did it take me this long to realize their names sound like “rock and roll”? [Huffington Post]
Follow me on Twitter. Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.