- Last month, Republican Representative Steve Pearce of New Mexico published a memoir in which he wrote about his Biblical belief that a wife should “submit” to her husband as part of her “obedience to the Lord.” [Huffington Post]
- In remembrance of today being the 41st anniversary of the Supreme Court’s Roe vs. Wade decision effectively legalizing abortion, Cosmopolitan spoke with four couples about how having an abortion changed their relationship. [Cosmopolitan]
- Meanwhile, the Washington Post interviewed two young women who are anti-abortion activists. And they put it in the Style section! [Washington Post]
- Republican State Representative Joe Fischer, KY, is seeking to ban abortions after 20 weeks by adding it to a domestic violence bill and claiming that terminating a pregnancy is “the most brutal form of domestic violence.” [RH Reality Check]
- Parents are more than twice as likely to search on the web for “Is my son gifted?” than asking the same question about a daughter. [New York Times]
- Hillary Clinton will be featured in an upcoming “Makers” documentary by PBS this summer. [The Wrap]
- Check out these stark images of African-American women in public spaces by photographer Carrie Mae Weems. [Bust]
Follow me on Twitter. Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.