Female Oscar Nominees In 2014 Remains Dismally Low Yet Again
- Zero female directors, zero cinematographers, zero female editors, and only two screenwriters. A grand total of seven categories don’t even have one woman nominated! That’s the female nominees at the Academy Awards in 2014. Yes, I said 2014. [Womens Media Center]
- Amelia had a good take on Jezebel’s recent Lena Dunham/Vogue untouched images stunt and so did Michelle Dean at Flavorwire, who wishes we would stop talking about how creative women look entirely. [Flavorwire]
- Rolling Stone has not written about abortion rights in a long time, so it’s good this article by esteemed journalist Janet Reitman is a meaty one. [Rolling Stone]
- On economics, obesity and why fat people might be fat and sick because our culture treats them like garbage. [xoJane]
- The number of women attending the World Economic Forum at Davos has actually fallen. [Guardian UK]
- More about the nine-year-old girl in Afghanistan who was found wearing a suicide vest, allegedly at the behest of her family members who are involved in the Taliban. She’s currently living in protective custody. [BBC]
- College-educated Black women are most likely to read a book. [Clutch Magazine]
- Women in Syria want more of a voice in the peace process. [Trust.org]
- On how images of female flight attendants have changed (mostly positively!) over time. [Sociological Images]
- Mae West, the world’s oldest living professional wrestler who had wrestled in every decade since the ’40s, has died at 90. [The Toast]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.