Did Vanity Fair Lighten “12 Years A Slave” Star Lupita Nyong’o’s Skin?
- Vanity Fair has been accused of lightening “12 Years A Slave” actress Lupita Nyong’o’s skin in photos (left). The skin color difference is drastically different! I find it hard to believe her skin just looks a lot lighter from the flash or lighting. [Clutch Magazine]
- A Detroit man has plead not guilty to murdering an unarmed Black teen girl who knocked on his door looking for help. Theodore Wafer shot 19-year-old Renisha McBride through a screen door on November 2 after she came looking for help after a car crash. [Huffington Post]
- Australian women say they are less politically hopeful after the sexism former Prime Minister Julia Gillard suffered by the media. [The Daily Beast]
- Auditing rape victims?! Come the fuck on, House Republicans. [Think Progress]
- Meanwhile, Republicans are targeting younger women voters. [Daily Kos]
- ELLE magazine profiled a pastry chef only to focus on how she stays thin. #fail [ELLE]
- Japan is calling for a statue in California, which commemorates Korean and Chinese “comfort women” who were used as sex slaves by the Japanese during World War Two, to be removed. [AlJazeera]
- On texting, boundaries and consent. [Feministing]
- Five things that happened to this woman when she wrote a sex column in the Bible Belt. [xoJane]
- An 18-year-old German teen said she was raped in India after falling asleep on a train. [TIME]
- 22 things you’ll understand if you were raised by two moms. [BuzzFeed]
- Check out the film fund Chicken & Egg Pictures, a nonprofit that offers financial support to women documentary directors. [IndieWire]
[Image via Getty and Clutch Magazine via Vanity Fair]
Email me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.